Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The New Year

As the New Year approaches we have a chance to look forward, a chance to learn from the past and put it behind us. A chance to set new goals for our selves and to look forward to becoming a better more Christ-like person one year at a time. Elder Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave a great talk on exactly this. I would encourage you to read the talk and apply some of its principles in your life this year as you strive to look to the future.

The Best Is Yet To Be    ~ Jeffery R. Holland




The Best is yet to Be! All we need to do is work on getting there.

1 comment:

  1. While reading the talk the words of D&C 133:15 kept coming back to me.

    15 But verily, thus saith the Lord, let not your flight be in haste, but let all things be prepared before you; and he that goeth, let him not look back lest sudden destruction shall come upon him.

    We face the very same situation as Lot's wife, in all of our lives.

    In verse 12 and 14 of that same section we are commanded to flee Babylon and gather to Zion. I cannot wait for the day when I will be able to leave Idaho and gather to a City of Zion. I just hope I will have enough faith to leave behind my old life in Babylon.

    I would be interested in hearing you experiences and insights into the sources you referenced.

    ReplyDelete